It never ceases to amaze me how quickly I can tick off The Incubator.
I'd like to say that "The Incubator" is a term of endearment. It's not. My better half waffles between chuckling at me for calling his son's mother by this name and getting on to me for it. He knows it's true but he doesn't want it to be true. I know it's true and it makes me stark-raving maaad! So I diffuse my seething ire by being snarky about her lack of involvement.
So what you carried him around for nine whole months and so what that you were there-ish for the first 3.5 years of his life?! Did you think that because his daddy stepped up to bat you could just watch the game from the pit? Maybe step in to pitch here or there? It's not really fair to our little boy that you only play when you feel like it. And now that you have a new baby, it's really unfair that you don't go out of your way to make him your everything right along with his new little sister. We do. I mean, like, 180% of the time, he is our number one priority. I stepped up to the plate with unwavering resolve from day one.
I tried really hard not to step on The Incubator's toes or to overstep my bounds as Daddy's Girlfriend. But somewhere between the bedtime stories and the doctor's appointments and the soccer practices (which I paid for, thankyouverymuch) and the angry fits he throws when you blow him off, I kinda decided I am his mom. I don't ask him to call me anything special. I don't tell anyone that I feel this way. Well, I mean except for right now....but this is anonymous, right?
I know it irks her when I put my foot down with Daddy, or when I am evading her texts about him going with her for the day or a night. I know she gets ticked off when I discipline him while we are at family functions. But you know what? He's 8. He needs consistency. I give him that. She doesn't. All she gives him is false hopes and disappointment. She basically sucks. Sorry, but she need to hear it. I really, really, REALLY wish she would be here for him. I WISH she would call him every night...or even once a week. I'd like to thank her for buying our 8 year old a cell phone though, because all she does is ignore his text messages and force me to find inventive ways to console him without buying him guilt gifts. By the way, we appreciate all the dollar store toys she sends him home with when he spends a day with you. He holds those over our heads till they break and then it's all our fault his guilt gift broke and that she doesn't bother with him.
In short, I'm taking off my mitt. It's go time and we are playing by my rules now!
No comments:
Post a Comment